Thank you for your interest in joining the IHE team. Currently we have the following paid, internship, and volunteer openings:
There are no paid positions at this time.
IHE seeks a graduate student to conduct research for expanding our programs. Email Sarah Speare at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the position.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND MARKETING INTERNSHIP
IHE seeks a social media and digital marketing intern who is aligned with the mission of IHE and willing to exercise and expand their competencies in the areas listed below:
Research and relay new social media and marketing resources, technologies, and practices.
- Work with IHE staff to create new engaging content on IHE’s social media platforms.
- Attend weekly check-ins and IHE’s monthly social media meeting.
- Generate and analyze monthly reports into existing Google docs.
- Conduct metrics reporting (Facebook & Twitter metrics, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Has familiarity with: Google docs, WordPress, Excel, Social media platforms (Facebook Pages, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+), and graphic and photo design platforms, Acceptable knowledge: as basic as Canva.com and as complex as Photoshop.
Applicants able to commit 4+ months and 10-15 hours per week are preferred. This is a telecommute position and access to a personal computer with reliable internet is required. Small stipend possible. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work well independently and with a team. Position requires attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work well independently and with a team. Position requires attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
Please read the PDF with additional information, and send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The IHE board is currently seeking board members with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising (with a network of donors)
- Nonprofit financial management/accounting/planning
- Education (teacher/admin/policy/curriculum dev)
- Must be a strategic thinker and have prior experience serving on nonprofit boards.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY – GRAPHIC DESIGN VOLUNTEER
IHE is seeking a volunteer with excellent graphic design skills and a passion for creating a better world. Responsibilities may include (but may not be limited to):
- Applying corporate identity and branding to all communications, including:
- marketing/communication materials for print, web, and social media.
- designing templates for resources such as lesson plans, e-books, etc.
- designing templates for course curricula and related documents.
assisting with finding & formatting photos for various projects.
- Ideal candidates will:
- Be results and detailed oriented.
- Work well independently and as a team player.
- Be thorough, organized, and accurate.
- Have strong design and computer skills.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work under short deadlines.
This is an unpaid volunteer position, ideal for a design student looking for hands-on experience, wanting to support a nonprofit, and looking to create client portfolio pieces. Projects will be done remotely from your own work environment using your own equipment. Hours are flexible.
For more information and/or to submit your resume, a letter of interest, and design samples, please email IHE’s executive director, Sarah Speare, at firstname.lastname@example.org.