Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions. If you do not see an answer or would like more information, let us know.
The Solutionary Program Online Course is an online, asynchronous course (meaning that course participants learn the material at different times online) that is ideal for middle and high school classroom teachers and school administrators. The course includes completing 11 modules, while interacting with other course participants and facilitators.
The entire course curriculum is available to you as soon as the course starts. For an optimal learning experience, we encourage you to follow the pace of completing one module each week for the 11 weeks of the course. The time it will take you to read/watch/listen to the material each week and do the assignments will vary. We anticipate it will take between 4-6 hours per week — more if you decide to do additional investigations.
Course length: 11 weeks
Course effort: 4-6 hours/week
Technical requirements: Reliable high-speed Internet, a webcam or similar video recording device, and access to common platforms, such as YouTube, FlipGrid, etc.
Ideal for middle and high school learning environments, the Solutionary Program can be integrated into core curriculum, created as an elective, or used in an after-school or club setting.
It is complementary with other teaching methods, including project-based learning, expeditionary learning, service learning, student-centered learning, problem-based learning, and social emotional learning.
The Solutionary Program is aligned with Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) standards.
- educators and administrators of middle and high school students, any content area
- after-school program educators and mentors of middle and high school students
- Participants may earn 9.0 CEUs from the University of Maine for an additional $20.
- Contact hours will also be available.
For the October 8, 2018 course:
– Before September 8, 2018: full refund minus $45 administrative fee
– September 8-15, 2018: refund minus a $75 administrative fee
– After September 15, 2018: no refunds
For the January 14, 2019 course:
– Before December 14, 2018: full refund minus $45 administrative fee
– December 14-21, 2018: refund minus a $75 administrative fee
– After December 21, 2018: no refunds
We cannot accommodate transfers to a different session of the course.
Contact Kim Childs for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 14-March 29, 2019
- October 7, 2019