“Amazing… a truly thoughtful, meaningful, and well organized process and guide to engage students in authentic, real-world learning that matters and truly creates a positive impact on our world.”
Jenny Henry, Educator, Consultant & Advocate
- Bring problem-based learning to the next level by empowering students to engage in systems thinking and ethical analysis.
- Discover how to educate your students to be solutionaries who apply what they learn in the classroom to solve problems in their community and world.
- Learn how to help your students understand and address human rights, social justice, sustainability, animal protection, and other interconnected issues in a comprehensive way.
- Acquire the resources, frameworks, and tools to inspire your students and enable them to take meaningful action.
Enroll in our self-paced Solutionary Micro-credential Program to get…
- Cutting-edge, learning content you won’t find anywhere else
- Help to quickly integrate a powerful thinking process into classrooms
- A practical, exciting, and personally rewarding professional development experience
- Mentoring with an experienced humane educator
- Connection with fellow classroom teachers who want to educate for a sustainable, just, and humane world
You’ll earn a Solutionary Micro-credential, Solutionary Badge, and have the opportunity to get Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through our partner, Antioch University.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The Solutionary Micro-credential Program (SMP) includes three modules: Concept, Process, and Application. Each module takes approximately 10 hours to complete. You’ll move through the course at your own pace (starting on the first Tuesday of any month).
Module 1: Solutionary Concept
Learn about solutionary thinking and why it’s so important to educate students to be solutionaries. You’ll…
- Understand what solutionaries are and why they matter, and discover your ability to educate the solutionary generation
- Reflect upon the impact of systemic racism and learn ways to overcome racial bias
- Explore the impact of personal choices and the need for systems change
- Experience a powerful activity to use with your students as well as for your own decision-making
Module 2: Solutionary Process
Go through the process yourself and learn to think and act like a solutionary. You’ll…
- Experience and practice the Solutionary Process as if you’re one of your students
- Engage with and solve a problem you care about personally
- Deepen your critical, systems, strategic, and creative thinking
- Become a solutionary yourself!
Module 3: Solutionary Application
Produce your plan to bring solutionary learning to your classroom. Receive support and mentorship along the way. You’ll…
- Create your plan to bring new and comprehensive ideas, tools, and approaches to your curriculum
- Receive support and feedback from your instructor to make your plan work
- Prepare to coach students in this process
- Become a solutionary teacher!
Meet Your Instructor
Betsy Farrell-Messenger has worked in the field of education for more than 20 years. She has been a New York State certified classroom teacher, middle school advisor, K-8 STEM instructor, environmental educator, and humane educator for a farm animal sanctuary co-developing Camp Kindness. She has a master’s degree in education (pre-K through 9th grade) and earned her Graduate Certificate in Humane Education through the Institute for Humane Education (IHE). Creative, supportive, and passionate about helping teachers bring solutionary learning to students, Betsy will guide and support you through each module.
The Solutionary Micro-credential Program (SMP) will provide you with the knowledge and support you need to deeply engage your students in work that is meaningful to them; improves their research, thinking, and modern literacy skills; fosters their compassion; and contributes to a healthier and more humane society.
We are committed to ensuring that all teachers and districts that wish to participate in the SMP are able to do so. Through the generosity of a donor, we are currently able to provide full and partial scholarships.
$195 Per person
$150 Per person for 2-4 people in the same school or district enrolling together
$100 Per person for teams of 5 or more in the same school or district enrolling together
If you need financial support, at registration you will be able to select from the following subsidized prices:
$75 (donor-sponsored scholarship level 2)
$35 (donor-sponsored scholarship level 1)
$0 (FULL donor-sponsored scholarship)
You can empower your students to become the changemakers we need. Enroll soon to give them hope for the future and a way forward to make a positive impact.
“I have learned the heart and soul of teaching from the Solutionary Micro-credential Program. It is very much ‘micro’ in content and design while being challenging at the same time. I now have the structure and framework to become an education leader for a better future.”
Sayyid Duja, Founder & CEO, The Springs Schools Movement
Have a question? Email Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org.