Our life-changing workshops help you create a better world.
Whether you are an educator, parent, activist, or compassionate citizen, the Institute for Humane Education’s workshops offer you the tools, motivation, and knowledge to do the most good and least harm for all people, animals, and the earth.
Our workshops, A Better World, A Meaningful Life and The World Becomes What We Teach, are offered throughout the U.S., Canada, and occasionally overseas. They can be full or half-day.
Check our upcoming events to see if a workshop is coming to your community. Contact us if you’d like to bring a workshop to your community.
Whether you’re an educator, educational leader, activist, or concerned citizen, The World Becomes What We Teach will help you channel your passion for a better world into effectively educating and inspiring others. This workshop is specifically designed to help you bring global ethical issues into your classroom or community through innovative activities and approaches that enable others to become solutionaries—effective problem solvers for a more humane, peaceable, and healthy world for people, animals, and the environment. You’ll learn to guide your students and audiences to:
- acquire knowledge: by preparing them to be effective researchers able to obtain accurate information about interconnected global challenges and discern fact from conjecture;
- think deeply: by developing their critical-, creative-, strategic-, and systems-thinking skills;
- make compassionate and responsible choices: by fostering wonder and appreciation for the natural world; empathy for people and animals; and a commitment to doing the most good and least harm;
- focus on solutions: by offering opportunities to collaboratively engage in problem-solving; implement ideas; and assess and improve upon them.Each workshop participant receives a copy of the book The World Becomes What We Teach by IHE President Zoe Weil. For an overview of the vision that informs this workshop, please watch Zoe Weil’s TEDx talk: The World Becomes What You Teach.
This workshop will help you create the world you want to see. Part retreat, part personal development, and 100% invaluable to anyone who wishes to become a solutionary and make change through their daily choices, work, volunteerism, and citizenship.
You’ll examine what’s most important to you and combine your passions and talents to create a just, compassionate world for all. You will:
- learn how best to help people, animals, the environment, and yourself all at the same time;
- increase your knowledge about the interconnectedness of human rights, animal protection, environmental preservation, and issues of media and culture;
- gain confidence, skills, and insights for nurturing meaningful systemic change;
- communicate with others more compassionately and effectively;
- find support and inspiration through a caring community;
- be guided to explore your values and create a practical action plan to move forward.
Each participant receives a copy of the book Most Good, Least Harm: A Simple Principle for a Better World and Meaningful Life by IHE President Zoe Weil.