Each week find a round-up of selected resources, news stories, and commentary related to humane living, global ethical issues, and positive solutions.
Here’s some news to know for this week:
- Our friends at ThinkKind in Australia have written a thoughtful post about “Choosing Ethical School Excursions.”
- According to Ecowatch, seven species of Yellow-faced bees have been added to the US Endangered Species list, a first for bees.
- The Washington Post reports on a recent study, which notes that preschool teachers can demonstrate racial bias with their young students, showing how deeply ingrained our implicit bias can be.
- From the Seattle PI: a new World Health Organization report notes that “more than 9 out of 10 people worldwide live in areas with excessive air pollution.”
- Mic Media highlights how schools are experimenting with replacing detention with meditation, and discovering significant positive results (video).
- Popular Science features a new report from Yale and George Mason University noting that while a growing number of people are concerned about the climate crisis, few people are talking about it, in part because they don’t hear others talking about it or see it mentioned in the news.