by Marsha Rakestraw
Halloween continues to be one of the most popular holidays in the U.S., with numerous opportunities to gorge on candy, dress up as your alter ego, and do the monster mash.
But like many holidays, our Halloween choices can also wreak havoc on people, animals, and the earth.
Enjoy this Throwback Thursday round up of sample stories we’ve done related to Halloween and get ideas for keeping the holiday spooky while maintaining your ethical lifestyle.
- Two Stories About Chocolate helps us explore the impact of our chocolate choices.
- Taking Back Halloween Costumes for Woman and Girls spotlights the website Take Back Halloween.
- Inappropriate Halloween Costume Round Up features stories about the good and bad in Halloween costumes.
- 3 Resources for Finding (Somewhat) Ethical Halloween Treats features three sources to find treats that do more good and less harm.
- 9 Tips for Horrorific and Humane Halloween Costumes offers suggestions for getting more conscientious costumes.
- Why I Gave Up Horror Novels and Other Gruesome Stuff touches on the impact negativity and violence can have on us.