by Marsha Rakestraw
This time of year, organizations like the Institute for Humane Education are relying on the generosity of individuals, like you and me, to support our critical work.
In the spirit of this giving season, I wanted to share with you some of the exciting things IHE is doing, with the hope you’ll be moved to support humane education with a financial contribution:
- Solutionary Congresses are being piloted in NYC schools and beyond, engaging youth with solutionary education to solve real-world problems.
- IHE’s graduate programs grew by 35% last year! IHE’s affiliate, Valparaiso University, was named Best in Nation for Contribution to Public Good in the College Ratings by Washington Monthly. The University also designated IHE’s graduate program a Valparaiso Signature Online Program, their gold standard for online education. Our goal is to double the size, reach, and offerings of our grad programs within five years!
- Our award-winning online Resource Center provides teachers, activists, and concerned citizens with a variety of resources related to humane education issues, from lesson plans to suggested children’s books, and more.
- Our non-graduate level online courses offer training and support for humane educators and changemakers passionate about creating a better world. We’ll be significantly expanding and improving our online courses over the next few years!
- And our Humane Connection blog, HumaneEdge enews, and social media platforms keep you updated on the latest issues, resources, and strategies for your humane living and humane education needs.
Whether you make a donation or give a gift in honor of a loved one (a very MOGO approach to holiday gifting!), your contribution to IHE will support this blog and so much more.
I hope you will consider making the most generous gift possible to IHE today!
And thank you for all you do to help create a better world for people, animals, and the earth!