Young people are hungry to create a better world for people, animals, and the earth, but we’re not born knowing how to do that. Fortunately there are numerous organizations whose mission is to help educate, inspire, and support youth in their efforts to become effective solutionaries. Here are 7 just we wanted to highlight:
- Do Something is largest non-profit in the U.S. helping young people (ages 13-25) engage in social change. From campaigns to activism tips and support to funding opportunities, Do Something helps youth become major changemakers.
- Generation Waking Up offers trainings, events, and other resources for “igniting a generation of young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world.”
- Jane Goodall’s Roots and Shoots “provides young people with the knowledge, tools and hopeful inspiration to improve the environment and the quality of life for people and animals.” Groups all over the world gather to take youth-driven action on a variety of projects.
- The Solutionaries Congress offers high school students a chance to compete in developing meaningful solutions to our global challenges. This program will be expanding into a national competition in the future.
- Taking It Global empowers youth around the world to act on our planet’s greatest challenges. TIG uses the “power of online community to facilitate global education, social entrepreneurship, and civic engagement for millions of youth worldwide.”
- Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp offers a summer leadership camp for youth who care about community service, activism, and social justice for people, animals, and the earth. Campers learn to bring their passion and skills together and get mentors to help them with projects and campaigns.
- YES! works with a bit older group (ages 18-35) to inspire and empower changemakers passionate about creating a just, sustainable world. YES! organizes a variety of events and trainings, and offers resources and tips on their website.
Continue the conversation! Leave your comment below, and “like” and share this post via your social media sites.