« Back to Uncategorized

The World Becomes What We Teach Download Form

Written by abbacarmichael | 8 Comments | Published on May 19, 2015 | Filed under Uncategorized
The content that follows was originally published on the Institute for Humane Education website at http://humaneeducation.org/blog/2015/05/19/wbwwt-download/

In Zoe Weil’s new book, she provides a vision of what education can and must become for the sake of our children and the world they are inheriting. And until July 31, Zoe invites you to download her book free of charge and welcomes your constructive feedback so that she can make the final print version (available this fall) even better.

Fill out my online form.

Categories: Uncategorized

Tom Szabo says:

Thanks, Zoe.

Mary Whiting says:

Looking forward to reading your book, Zoe. Mary

sophia says:

iam very much interested to read your book seems to be very potential for every nation

Thank you for this opportunity. Looking forward to reading your book and providing feedback.

rick ackerly says:

Thank you for this. Marjie Knudsen sent it to me knowing I would like it, so it comes pre-approved. I am looking forward to reading it. I am working on my second book about education (my first is: “The Genius in Every Child: Encouraging Character, Curiosity and Creativity in Children”) and am looking forward to comparing notes. Glad to be given the opportunity to throw some notes at you right off the bat. Thank you. Always looking for partners working on the project of making schooling an education.

Anna Soeiro, CHES says:

Nice book and excited about the Solutionary Schools. On P.29 (at least on my tablet) you speak of pedagogy offering a greater “range” of learning approaches which is a bit clumsy to me. There are plenty of theories…you did mention Montessori briefly when discussing Sal Kahn, but Vygotsky, Piaget and Dewey (maybe the first whom recognized the need for humane education)? The problem as you have said is that not enough of the already in place pedagogy is being utilized due in part to all the hoops teachers have to jump through to please administration. So, it’s really not that pedagogy doesn’t offer enough, it’s that we teachers are hard pressed to use enough of it creatively and naturally. By and large we teach from prescribed curricula created by Pearson and it’s evil twin, Scholastic and formulate lesson plans based off of “evidenced based” curriculum. Until humane Ed (IHE) creates it’s curriculum and it is tested and true, it will be very hard for mainstream public Ed teachers to use it. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I cannot wait for the curriculum to come out!! Keep on keeping on!!

Zoe Weil says:

Thank you so much for raising this point Anna. Well taken! And very helpful! Thanks for teaching and for reading my book and offering feedback.

Anna says:

Your are welcome. You are one of my hero’s so I was a bit reluctant but as much as we are all teachers, we are all students as well.